(to Alain Gonfalone)

Comment by oblivia(1/11/2018 7:26:25 PM) - very creative scarf use.

Comment by oblivia(1/11/2018 7:23:57 PM) - I agree with Stuart. If you use Photoshop layers you can back off on the editing by sliding the transparency bar to get just the amount you want.

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(1/1/2017 10:38:40 AM) - #1 Stuart Holmes:
Thank you Stuart I appreciate and I agree. This was almost OK as it was from the camera. I dont know why I wanted to change it so much.
I kept the blemish in the neck and on the face there was no a lot.
Thanks.

Comment by Stuart Holmes(12/30/2016 5:50:33 PM) - This is a lovely pose with good light in the eyes. There could be more detail in the eyes, however. Be sure they are the point selected fro focusing. The post work you've done here really makes things look unnatural. Blemishes in the skin can often be eliminated with a spot removal/ healing tool whereas here it looks like some aggressive noise reduction has been applied. (There's certainly a place for that in smoothing skin.) Be sure you are editing things looking at the image as large as you will be presenting. The eyes and smoothed areas of skin really don't blend well making the retouching seem too obvious.

Comment by Stuart Holmes(12/30/2016 5:40:42 PM) - This is a good shot. At this close PoV, I'd hope for greater clarity in the eyes. We should really have nice sharp detail in the iris from such a close up. I do like the lighting setup!

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(12/2/2016 2:31:20 PM) - #1 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
Thank you. But as you can see resolution is poor, while on my mac it is much better.
Some people add progressive transparency...too difficult for me.

Tedious, but fun...

Comment by Geordie (Dean Wilson)(12/2/2016 6:27:52 AM) - Interesting concept and execution. Thought provoking image.

Comment by Geordie (Dean Wilson)(12/1/2016 6:34:20 PM) - #3 Alain Gonfalone:
In Photoshop or other editing app re-size your photo to, for example 800px on the long side then choose 'save for web' and save at 140k then upload as normal. Hope this helps.

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(12/1/2016 4:26:01 AM) - #1 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
Geordie,
how to you load a 1000*800 ?

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(12/1/2016 3:08:36 AM) - #1 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
Geordie
thank you for constructive comment. Yes next time I will post larger pic.
By the way congratulation to your beautiful photos!
I have another one more "classical" and I will post it soon.

Comment by Geordie (Dean Wilson)(11/30/2016 3:54:16 PM) - Too small to evaluate really but shadows seem really deep. Seems to be interesting detail, but again too small for me. Try posting at around 800-1000px on long side. Good shooting!

Comment by Stuart Holmes(11/23/2016 9:29:57 PM) - I like the suggested crop...

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(11/15/2016 12:38:01 PM) - #1 Safa:
thank you for constructive comment, your crop is also good but ...then you cut one arm?
What means IMO?

Comment by Safa(11/15/2016 5:01:38 AM) - mmm... IMO its a Good subject for making a good picture. the skin have the good texture and light is not bad too . maybe with closer Look you could get a better One :) as i crop
Best regards

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(11/6/2016 1:49:52 AM) - #3 Boulatov Dmitry:
Thank you Dmitry for kind comment.
This is a good surprise for me as well. No ligthing, three o clock in the afternoon one of the last shots of photo session.

Comment by Boulatov Dmitry(11/6/2016 1:46:45 AM) - great shot I like this mood and atmosphere.

Comment by Alain Gonfalone(11/6/2016 1:41:05 AM) - #1 Wessel-130766:
thank you. Good comment and nice correction.
I am here with my camera and a small laptop without any photoshop tool. The only thing was cropping.
So the image comes out strait of the camera.
Thank you and congratulations for your permanent attention and wise advice.

Comment by Wessel-130766(11/5/2016 7:21:12 PM) - A good image but could use some additional work.
[^17;653;1] clone out this.[^122;904;1]
A bit of image straightening and a bit more light. see my example.